Do you need some scholarship money as you head off to college?
The Republican Women of Prescott offer two $1000 scholarships each year to high school seniors from the quad-city area. To be eligible, you must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be a US citizen, from the quad-city area
- Provide SAT and/or ACT scores if they're available
- Get a minimum of three letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor or school principal and someone in the community
- Be a registered Republican, or the son or daughter of a registered Republican if you are not old enough to register to vote
- Complete a 750-1000 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Name the three branches of our US government and the functions of each branch.
- The Constitution is written in a manner that grants certain powers to the federal government. Define these powers and their uses.
- Define the rights and powers that reside within the states and their uses.
- Include information on educational and professional goals, community/volunteer service and personal aspirations.
The deadline for this scholarship is April 15, 2011. If the application is mailed, it must be postmarked no later than April 15; if it is emailed, it must be sent no later than midnight on April 15.
The essays will be reviewed by RWOP's Scholarship Committee by April 27, 2011. Candidates must be available for personal interviews on May 5 or 6, 2011 with the scholarship committee.
The recipients will be notified during the week of May 9 by phone and letter. The scholarship will be awarded at the students' award night or as arranged by the RWOP President.