The Yavapai County Workforce Development Board’s Youth Council is a long standing committee that focuses on workforce opportunities for young adults and assistance in developing their career pathways for the future. The Council is comprised of members from Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), labor, education, public safety, juvenile justice, and organizations that have experience with youth activities. Each member serves a 3 year term and meets on a bi-monthly basis between the Verde and Prescott areas.
Currently identified goals of the Youth Council are:
- Coordinating youth activities in Yavapai County
- Identifying a "Youth Voice/Parent Voice"
- Developing portions of the local plan related to youth activities
- Recommending eligible youth service providers in accordance with WIOA focusing on older/out of school youth, subject to the approval of the WDB Executive Committee
- Conducting oversight with respect to eligible providers of youth activities
- Establishing linkages with educational agencies and other youth service providers
- Identifying members for the council and providing outreach to the community regarding youth services in Yavapai County
- Developing Career Pathway opportunities for in-demand sectors of Yavapai County
- Developing partnerships including apprenticeships for youth, and performing all other duties as assigned by the WDB Executive Committee
Primary Focus: Out of School Youth ages 16-24 that have a barrier to employment.
Partners work to connect youth to education and training opportunities through youth recruitment and WIOA programs offered through ARIZONA@WORK-Yavapai County.
The Youth Council is accepting membership applications from youth ages 16-24 to have an active voice in our community. If you are interested in the opportunity to make a difference in the future for young adults, please contact NACOG for more information at 928-778-1422.