Who: The public is invited.
What: The Responsible Bathroom Water Conservation Tour.
Where: Prescott Winnelson, 3221 Tower Road, Prescott, AZ 86305.
When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, April 14.
PRESCOTT, ARIZ. –– Managing local water supplies – drop by drop – is now a mainstream concern across the United States. Many communities already are experiencing a tighter water supply, while 78% of consumers are looking for ways to cut household utility bills and energy costs.
The Responsible Bathroom Water Conservation Tour is hitting the road to bring water-saving solutions to consumers and plumbers.
The compelling forecasts include:
- Water shortages are predicted to hit 36 states in the U.S. by 2013, according to a federal report. This includes Arizona.
- One-third of all counties in the lower 48 states now face higher risks of water shortages by 2050, with more than 400 of these 1,100 counties at extremely high risk for water shortages, based on new research.
- Ten cities in the U.S. have been identified in a new analysis as having the most acute exposure to problems that could cause an imbalance in water supply and demand as soon as 2013. The ten are (in ascending order): Orlando, Fla.; Atlanta, Ga.; Tucson, Ariz.; Las Vegas, Nev.; Fort Worth, Texas; San Francisco Bay area; San Antonio, Texas; Phoenix, Ariz.; Houston, Texas; and Los Angeles, Calif.
It’s time for solutions; it’s time for The Responsible Bathroom Water Conservation Tour.
The Responsible Bathroom Water Conservation Tour is traveling the country now until October to reach out, educate and inform the public on ways to save water, energy and money without sacrifice. The national mobile marketing campaign will arrive in Prescott on April 14. The event is free and open to the public. The City of Prescott will have a water conservation information booth at the event.
The Tour, sponsored by American Standard®, has economic and ecological points on tap, including:
- Hands-on demonstrations of the newest water and energy-saving showerheads, faucets, and toilets, as well as safety-oriented solutions like walk-in baths and hospital sinks. See how well WaterSense® toilets and powerful FloWise® showerheads perform.
- Calculations of how much water, money, and energy consumers can save with efficient bathroom products. For instance, based on an average four-person household, using water-efficient products could amount to an annual savings of 36,456 gallons of water and $211.
- The Tour’s partnerships with The Nature Conservancy and the federal Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense® program.
- Interactive games onboard the mobile showroom allow visitors to test their water knowledge in our Jeopardy-style quiz; play “Will It Flush?”; take the SpeedConnect® Challenge, and try out the EverClean® Pencil Test.
“At American Standard, our goal is to educate consumers that they can have it all great style and performance while saving water and energy. Our water-efficient toilets, faucets, and showerheads combine exceptional performance and superior style,” says Don Devine, American Standard president and chief executive officer.
Imagine the impact if every family of four:
- Replaced an old faucet with a water-efficient model to save over 8,000 gallons of water per year.
- Turned off the water while brushing teeth to conserve over 11,000 gallons of water per year.
- Upgraded to a water-saving showerhead to save nearly 12,000 gallons of water per year.
By traveling the United States with this novel tour that is flush with ideas, the Tour is bringing water conservation information to the local level. To view the national Tour itinerary, go to www.theresponsiblebathroomtour.com. At some locations, the Tour is partnering with local water utilities and municipalities that offer rebates for the purchase and installation of water-efficient plumbing products. For details, visit www.responsiblebathroom.com and click on “Connection” and then “Water Saving Rebates.”
ABOUT AMERICAN STANDARD BRANDS
American Standard Brands is a leading North American manufacturer of a wide range of high-quality kitchen and bath products, including faucets, fixtures, furniture, vitreous china fixtures, cast iron sinks, whirlpool tubs and other related products. The company currently serves both the residential and commercial markets, and employs more than 5,000 people in the United States, Canada and Mexico; and markets products under the American Standard®, JADO®, Porcher®, Safety Tubs®, Crane®, Eljer®, Fiat®, and Decorative Panels International brands. American Standard Brands is an affiliated portfolio company of Sun Capital Partners. For more information, see www.americanstandard-us.com.